Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Now What?

What should you be doing now?

If you've been approved for a TERP grant I'd suggest checking out this area of the TCEQ's TERP site.

You can get a look at how the process unfolds and have some kind of understanding even before the state's packet hits your doorstep. Their pdf files go beyond just the next step which is signing the contract accepting the grant.

If you're unsure of your status because no call has come as of yet you can be patient and continue to wait or - if you're ready to move forward on a purchase ASAP - you can call the help line the TCEQ set up. That number is 800-919-TERP (8377).

I only mention waiting because I know they have a long list of people to contact and if you're in a holding pattern as far as buying anyway you can save those folks some time and effort.

If you got approved on a contingency basis I honestly don't know what you can do other than wait.

In the previous post you saw the breakdown. You may still end up with a grant if those approved outright turn down their funding. The question is: how soon could that be?

We have seen customers in all three situations. If I hear of somebody on the contingency list being bumped up to grant recipient I'll post it here. If you or somebody you know gets moved please feel free to tell me what you can via comment or email.

No comments:

Post a Comment